Meals Ready to Eat or MREs have become quite popular with numerous clients on the market due to its benefits. It was a one-time military staple which has bled into the preparedness market due to its long storage life and simplicity. MREs are what fill the soldier’s stomach at the battlefield. They come with a lot of energy in a near bomb proof package which can be easily kept for more than 5 years without getting worse. But the consistency and taste could be affected under such circumstances. XMRE is a popular brand of meals ready to eat on the market today. This article provides a comprehensive review of XMRE.
The 1300XT is a popular meal marketed by XMRE. It offers 1300 calories in one small meal. The product has the same qualities of any other MRE but has more calories than the others. These meals are ideal for the military as for backpackers and other hikers out there. XMRE provides a lot more menu choices compared to most of the other brands on the market. The products offered by XMRE consist of the following just like any other MRE product.
- Entree – Varities of beef, chicken or vegetable entrees.
- Snacks – Corn nuggets, dry fruit mix, nut raisin mix or others.
- Bread – Snack bread, regular veggie crackers or flour tortillas.
- Dessert – Wet packed fruit, pound cakes, puddings, dessert cookies, portion-controlled packs, or dairy shakes.
- Spreads – Cheese spreads, peanut butter, fruit jellies, fruit jams and others.
- Instant Coffee – Single serve.
- Fruit – Flavored Beverage – Single fruit-flavored drink mixes.
- Condiment Kit – Non-dairy creamer, sugar, pepper, and salt.
- Beverage Bag – A hot beverage bag is included in every meal.
- Moist Towelette – A towelette with a sanitizing soap solution. This is a great addition if you are someone who gets food all over the fingers.
- Napkin – A brown napkin – dimensions of 11 3/4 x 12 3/4.
- Flameless Heater (Optional) – Each XMRE complete meal kit gets one flameless meal/ration heater.
There are many clients who have said that the ration heater in XMRE meal packs does a perfect job in heating the food. The meal becomes nice and toasty within no time thanks to this heater. No fire means you can escape detection more easily. The cracker is good as any other MRE cracker. It crumbles in your hand. The roasted corn nuggets in the meal provide a great crunchy appetizer before the main meal. The shredded beef tastes really good as per most of the users of this pack. The cookie is pretty big and tastes good too.
XMRE has a long storage life compared to most of its competitor products on the market. In fact, they can stay for about 5 years in the right conditions. You don’t need to cook them, and they come with all the utensils you need to wash up, eat, and have a cup of coffee afterward. In fact, the pack makes your life much easier when you are backpacking, camping, hiking or in the outdoors.
In conclusion, meals ready to eat or MREs have become quite popular on the market in this day and age. There are many brands out there and XMRE is one of the best ready to eat meals on the market today. There are numerous positive reviews and testimonials for this brand. You will find a host of such reviews on online forums and discussion boards related to outdoor sports.